Is Ryan, considered a candidate for the vice presidency, serious?
If he is, the Republican faithful could start by asking their presumptive presidential nominee, John McCain, why he:
- supports the high income Bush tax cuts which he voted against in 2001 because they were fiscally irresponsible?
- inserted $14.3 million into a 2003 defense bill for a land acquisition program that provided a windfall for an Arizona developer, SunCor Development, whose executives have given McCain $224,000 in campaign contributions?
- said he'd keep troops in Iraq for 100 years and now says they will be out by the end of his first term?
- sought and accepted the endorsement of the extremist Pastor John Hagee, who says God caused Hurricane Katrina to wipe out New Orleans because it had a gay pride parade the week before and who advocates invading Iran to hasten the coming of Armageddon?
- supports his wife, the daughter of a multimillionaire Anheuser Busch distributor, in refusing to release her tax returns?
- met with the Arizona developer, convicted racketeer and bailed-out savings and loan operator, Charles Keating, in 1987, a year after his wife and her father invested more than $350,000 in a strip mall developed by Mr. Keating that the New York Times has called a "sweetheart deal?"